How to do a Weave Ponytail
How To Do A Weave Ponytail
The secret to a perfect looking weave ponytail is getting the foundation as smooth as you can and using hair extensions that look as natural as possible.
What You Need
* Light-hold Sculpting Gel
* Snag-Free Hair Elastics
* Invisible Hair Pins
* Pack of Weave Hair/Drawstring Ponytail
Wash, deep condition and blow dry your hair. Clean, conditioned hair is the best start to every hairstyle.
Gather your hair in one. Use a wide tooth comb and gently comb your hair into one at the spot you want the ponytail to be.
Mold your ponytail base with gel.
* Take a little bit of conditioning hair gel and smooth it into your hair.
* Keep smoothing your hair into the position you want (use a soft brush to help get all your edges smoothed down as well).
Secure the base of the ponytail.
* Use snag free hair elastic and secure the base of your hair.
* Take the ends of your hair and wind them around the base of the hair elastic.
* Use 2 or 3 pins to secure the ends together with the base of the elastic band.
How to do a weave ponytail (using weft hair).
* Use a pin to attach the end of the weave track to base of the hair elastic (start on top of your own hair).
* Wrap the weave track around the base of the bun (use another hair pin every two times you go around).
* Use 2-3 more pins to secure everything to the base of your bun one last time.
How to do a weave ponytail (using a drawstring ponytail).
* If you’re using a drawstring ponytail do steps 1-4, then attach the ponytail with the combs securely at the base of your bun.
* Pull the strings tight and use two hairpins to secure the end of the strings to the base of the ponytail.
Wrap the base of the ponytail.
* Take a piece of weave hair and wrap it around the base of the attached hair to hide the track line.
* Secure the ends with 1 or 2 more pins.
Style the ponytail.
* Curl it, flip it, wave it or just leave it straight.
* Spray with a light oil sheen for a glossy finish.
Weave Ponytail Tips
Here are some more tips on how to do a weave ponytail and make it look natural and maintain your new hairstyle.
* Use hair extensions that match your hair’s texture. That guarantees you get the natural look you want.
* Human hair is always a better choice to do ponytails. It gives a nicer finished look and you can style it with hot tools.
* If your edges are out of control, tame them with gel. Use a silk scarf to tie them down for half an hour and they’ll behave.
* This style can last 3-4 days if you tie it down at night. Fluff the ponytail and use a little oil sheen every morning.
* Be careful putting hairpins in. If it feels bad, take it out and try again. You really don’t want pins digging into your scalp all day (it’s really uncomfortable!)
Get exclusive black hair style and care tips with my free e-zine Black Beauty Buzz!